Monday, November 17, 2008

Full Moon November

Here on this enchanted hill where I have a home the moon rises from the sea north of town and sets beyond west, sailing over the bay for many hours. November nights turn warm and there is a mild breeze faintly stirring the trees. Here every element is alive and well, earth water air.... only fire needs special preparations. How I love the salamanders when they come to play in my cauldron! Strong, vital, well fed and full of play. They are harbingers of joy.

Tonight I sip herbal tea, a mix for purification bought in Glastonbury's Star Child courtyard shop. I have spent all day writing and recovering from last night's revels. It has been an active two days and it's time to retreat from the world a little and to plan the days to come.

My armchair is comfortable and through the open window comes the scent of jasmin mingled with lavender. Different yet matching scents, the sweetness of the one tempered by the slight citrus of the other. Books lie open near me and tempt me to continue working, if work it be to peruse topics which I love well.

No comments:

The still room

No, not a room which doesn't roam, nor usually a silent room. Mrs Beeton would have known at once not only what kind of room it is, al...