Tuesday, February 06, 2007

JOURNAL: re-membering

re-membering: a use of words which I learnt from Dianic feminists, to squeeze out the juice of meanings. To re member is to put together the limbs of the past into a coherent whole once more. I have the right to define my own use of language and to use it as a tool for my personal creation.

re-member: a vine harbour in the garden, beneath a rug and cushions and the makings of an altar on a purple cloth. Bunches of white and black grapes hang above. Dionysus not the God of choice. An athame: sylvan within its scabbard (miniature sword) and flowers engraved on the hilt. An athame of plenty, of fullness, of birth. Perhaps strange for a cutting tool, but true.

Now I sit beneath the same vines and remember that night with its moon incandescent in the sky, low and pregnant with light. The warmth of late summer. The joy of the occassion. Searing pain for quite a few seconds, then the mouth sucking at my finger as if life depended on it. Night without, full sun within. The die cast, the course run, the commitment made.

Now to bed, with the scent of jasmine entering my window and scenting the blue room as it did then, as it will tomorrow and tomorrow.

No comments:

The still room

No, not a room which doesn't roam, nor usually a silent room. Mrs Beeton would have known at once not only what kind of room it is, al...